Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back to school

Ohhhhhhh
Back To School
Back To School
To Prove To Dad That I'm Not A Fool
I've Got My Lunch Packed Up
My Boots Tied Tight
I Hope I Don't Get In A Fight
Ohhhh
Back To School
Back To School
Back To School

I am enjoying my last day of freedom before I start my last semester of school! After tomorrow I will most likely be extremely busy and not have much time for blogging. Or, blogging will be what I will do when I should really be studying. We shall see. I can't believe I am finally graduating in May! It's going to come so fast! I have been in college since 2001...taking the long route. Working full-time, changing my major, moving to a new state...it has all delayed my attainment of getting my bachelor's degree. But the end is finally in sight!

Last weekend we went to a birthday get-together with some of my OR coworkers. It was fun to hang out with them outside of work. I'm not sure Brent enjoyed it quite as much as I did. I'm sure he gets as bored hearing medical talk as I do hearing computer or sports talk.


So, I should really be getting some stuff around the house done instead of wasting so much time on the computer. I have been sitting here being non-productive for over 3 hours now! I had a list of things I wanted to do while on my winter break. I didn't get very much of that done. I did do a lot of relaxing though, which I needed very badly. I tend to get very stressed out and tend to internalize it. And then it comes out as a physical problem (back pain, stomach problems, jaw clenching/grinding/pain). I feel that I deserved a break. Maybe this last semester won't be as bad as some of the others in the past. I only have to take 10 hours of classes...so I'm feeling optimistic that it's going to be less stressful!

I have some reading assignments for class tomorrow. Blah. I also need to get my resume updated to give to my boss at work. Even though she's told me she will hire me, we still have to go through all of the formalities. I want to apply at a few other places just in case something happens and it falls through. I've started the process of applications and paperwork to be able to take the NCLEX exam after graduation. That's a huge process in itself...and an expensive one! Registration fees, testing fees, passport/ID photo, fingerprinting...but I'm getting it all done and I can't wait to be completely DONE!!!

2 comments:

Prisca: said...

Hi Laura! :) Just wanted to pop in and take a read. Glad to find another Cure fan out there...

Heidi said...

Laura, you've been TAGGED! :) Go to my blog to see what that means.